Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Plus Size

OK, it's time to get on my soapbox.  I don't do it very often, but some issues just NEED to be addressed...like plus size clothes.  First of all, I must admit that the selection of plus size clothes is much better than it was in years past.  The following photos show some of the cute options available.  However, clothing manufacturers still have a far way to go before they have met the basic needs of the plus size woman.

Lane Bryant

Lane Bryant

Lane Bryant

Lane Bryant

Torrid
 Cute dress, but unfortunately, this was one of the few garments at Torrid that offered any coverage.  Most larger curvy women I know, want to cover their arms.  A 3/4 length sleeve is the most flattering because it doesn't end at the bustline.


Roaman's

The average size woman in the US is a size 14, the size where plus size clothing begins.  With that many plus size women buying clothes, they should have a huge selection.  Did you know that many clothing designers only carry up to size 8?  That's ridiculous!  And one other point before I get off my soapbox...why don't plus size stores use plus size models?  Enough said.




 

No comments: